Saturday, April 11, 2009

Louise Bourgeois Show in DC

Today I went on a trip to the Louis Bourgeois show at the Hirshhorn in DC. I had previously seen her work on an Art 21 episode, and I think she is an interesting person, but the show didn't really charge me up in anyway. The galleries were too crowded and it was too rainy and the lighting though necessarily dim, made me uncomfortable. Growing up near DC, I have this fondness for museums in theory, but I think that's because my family and I would go not during peak tourist times, so in my head galleries and museums are more private then they are in reality. I really have a hard time enjoying any art when struggling to stay out of people's photos and to not crush small children.

Other things thought about today include how much I hate writing papers/ poetry and how tonight I will be doing both.
And I have to create a work of art about death due next week, still no significant break through on what to do there. I don't know why I'm having such a mental block on this assignment, death is something I've dealt with before and something that usually interests me. Hopefully by tonight I'll have figured that out.

No comments: